I went out this evening to get a sunset time-lapse video here in Castle Rock, Colorado.
I was really testing two different cameras, or more exact, a time-lapse with my iPhone 11 Pro Max and a GoPro Hero 8 Black. I started and stopped the videos on both devices at the exact same time and filmed the sunset for approximately 1 hour.
Here is the sunset time-lapse with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Here is the sunset time-lapse with my GoPro Hero 8 Black.
I was surprised when my iPhone time-lapse only lasted 26 seconds, when I videoed the sunset for about 1 hour. The GoPro time-lapse lasted for 5.5 minutes, when I videoed for the same 1-hour time.
The GoPro Hero 8 Black produces a much better time-lapse video then the iPhone 11 Pro Max. I like the longer time-lapse and the quality of the video is better. You can see from the photos below that the GoPro Hero 8 Black in the 2nd image is the better quality.
I would love to hear your thoughts on time-lapse video and what camera you use for your time-lapse.
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization: On, High and Boost. Get the widest views, or boost to the smoothest video ever offered in a HERO camera. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with our HERO8 Black mods (sold separately). Media Mod gives you shotgun-mic performance and lets you attach Light Mod and Display Mod to up your capture game
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social media, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- TimeWarp 2.0: Capture super-stabilized time lapse videos while moving through an activity. Automatically adjust speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Slow the effect to real time – savoring special moments – and then tap to speed it back up
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Please Leave a Comment below, Subscribe and Turn on Notifications.
Return to Home Page