The weather forecast was for beautiful clear skies this morning, however, the temperature at sunrise was to be around 8 degrees (F). The cold isn’t as bad as some places that have a lot of humidity, so I decided to take a chance, hoping I wouldn’t freeze my butt off and that the river wouldn’t be frozen over.
Thankfully, I was good on both issues. The river was starting to freeze up, but most of it was still flowing. The air was cool and crisp but not so bad that I was freezing. I was able to get some incredible video of the South Platte River that you can see below.
It was an incredible morning on the river and I was able to get some great video and the river sounds were awesome, as there was only about 4 cars that passed on the road next to the river. This section of the river doesn’t seem to get as much traffic, which I really like.
It’s always great to watch the sun rise over the Rocky Mountains. This is the best time of the day to get out as many people are working or are still asleep.
The sun had finally risen higher around 9 am, but the wind also started picking up, which isn’t good for my river videos as the wind noise takes away from the sound of the running water.
I used the GoPro Hero8 Black for all the videos on the river today. It’s great to have for these videos, especially when you get some underwater shots, which I did not get today.
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization: On, High and Boost. Get the widest views, or boost to the smoothest video ever offered in a HERO camera. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with our HERO8 Black mods (sold separately). Media Mod gives you shotgun-mic performance and lets you attach Light Mod and Display Mod to up your capture game
- Live Streaming in 1080p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 1080p on social media, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- TimeWarp 2.0: Capture super-stabilized time lapse videos while moving through an activity. Automatically adjust speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Slow the effect to real time – savoring special moments – and then tap to speed it back up
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Return to Home Page
2 thoughts on “South Platte River Lake George CO”
There is nothing better than being out in nature, and early in the morning is always a good time to get away from the crowds. The South Platte river looks absolutely beautiful and you have captured the area in a stunning way with your photographs and videos. It was like taking a trip in nature and I would like to know if it gets really hot in the summer, or will the breeze from the water keep you cool.
Well, I can tell you that the winters do get cold, but I think manageable. The summers do get up into the 80’s and 90’s during the day but down in the 50’s and 60’s at night. There always seems to be a cooler breeze along the rivers as they tend to be in canyons where the wind gets moving faster at times. Either way, camping or staying in a cabin along a river, in the Rocky Mountains, can’t be beat.